HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HOW TO PUT IN MY STEREO?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: HOW TO PUT IN MY STEREO????? Reply with quote

right before i start getting the smatarse remarks, i am wondering how all you put in 6x9 s and door splits without cutting up any of the factory tin work. the coupe has an alright parcel shelf for making a flat box to mount em clear of the magnets but i am clueless as to putting some front speakers in. any ideas cos i dont want to start taking to my car with a chainsaw.
thanks
baz
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO PUT IN MY STEREO????? Reply with quote

Depends really, the depth of your speakers and clearance from the window are your main concerns, spacers are the obvious choice, you can either make em, MDF can look awesome, or some stereo places sell heaps of different spacers(Plastic, wood, fibreglass), that should solve your problem...
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: HOW TO PUT IN MY STEREO????? Reply with quote

you could also relocate the fuse box (Push it up behind dash, no need to cut wires) and stick the in the kick panels...
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO PUT IN MY STEREO????? Reply with quote

sweet looking set of pods would do the trick.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO PUT IN MY STEREO????? Reply with quote

i had to cut the metal shit in the doors to fit in some 6" spkrs, i did all 4 of em, and as for the parcel shelf, i had to raise it 50mm using layers of mdf, to fit in two 7x10s, coz u only get 30mm clearance in the boot, also cut out the metal hole that the spacers go over, sounds sweet.

chris.
TUFF_TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO PUT IN MY STEREO????? Reply with quote

yeah go for the pods cause they look sweeeeeet and there is room for your tweeeeeters aswell.

i got pods and i like them alot and alot.
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO PUT IN MY STEREO????? Reply with quote

You would be much better cutting the metal using a jigsaw with a blade meant for cutting metal. Make yourself a new parcel shelf out of 19mm MDF and mount your speakers into that. This is what i did and it gives you much better bass and depth to the sound. If you mount the speakers in boxes, the sound coming from the underside of the cone has nowhere to go and your bass will be affected. As for the doors, I cut a hole in the trim and cut a hole in the metal using a jigsaw for the midrange speaker. As for the tweeters, mount them somewhere high if possible or if they are adjustable, turn them so that they both face towards the interior light.
I hope this helps.
2lowbluegem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO PUT IN MY STEREO????? Reply with quote

i got a set of pioneer tsd 6" (there sweet). got a bit of sheetmetal put it into the big gap in the front door cut out a 6" hole for the speaker put the sheetmetal in and pop riveted works fine. you do have to get shorter door swindles or make them come out a little bit further. or you could get the speaker closer to the front bottom of the door. either it works great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: