HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

which will fit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rimzum
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: which will fit Reply with quote

k... just wondering would a 2.6 rodeo fit into a gem without any conversion work...i doubt it but just wanna make sure and what about a rodeo 5 sp, would that fit? id probably need a new drivshaft tho ey?
also, its a long shot, but you reckon i could fit a blue 202 in there???
any other ideas about what i should bung in my engine bay??
what are the most common 2 lt engines ppl chuck in gemmis from originally?
these questions must be answered...
wez
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: which will fit Reply with quote

*ok to do the 2.6 conversion it will take alot of modifying, custom making and chopping etc. and to put a 5sp in you will have to chop tunnel (ive done it and its a cunt of a conversion)
*the 202 is an absolute mission to do, you have to cut the fire wall back quite a few inches, all custom mounts etc (and it looks shit so i wouldnt bother)
*and the most common 2L people put in is the old G200 sohc. it bolts straight in with no modifications what so ever. put injection and a turbo on one of these and it will be quite a bit of fun (use to have one, easily spun right through 2nd and was good for a 12)

hope this helps
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: which will fit Reply with quote

The earlyer 2.6 where to tall for the engine. The later 2.6 4zd1 will fit nicely. The rodeo 5 speed of the g200 bolt straight up to the 161. The most common 2lt conversion to the gem is the g200 2lt out of the 86' rodeo which looks just like the 161 you can use the gemi head on the g200 so also cheap most parts are interchangable but not all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: