HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

which fuel is better for a long trip?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:53 am    Post subject: which fuel is better for a long trip? Reply with quote

Im taking my gem on a long trip. Its running normal unleaded at the moment, and sometimes i use premium (when i can afford it), but im just wondering which would be better for a long trip. Would premium make any difference on fuel econ seeing it has higher octane levels? or would that make it worse on fuel.
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: which fuel is better for a long trip? Reply with quote

ok, premium fuel only costs like 5c extra, and for the benefits of it its worth the 5c!!! any noticable difference is usually only with newer electronic engines, but yes you do get better fuel economy, even if it is only slightly, but all depends on the way you drive. go to www.bp.com.au and go to the premium fuel bit and you can read all about the advantages, main points for our older cars is the lower emissions, fuel economy, and performance, and the added detergents and stuff to clean out your engine and keep it clean...
anyway check it out.

Adrian
superstardj18
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: which fuel is better for a long trip? Reply with quote

i run Lead replacment in my TD is that the wrong stuff or what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: