HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

problems with painting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H3PPZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: problems with painting Reply with quote

i was wondering if i can get acrylic as glossy as 2pac when i come to pollish it...
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with painting Reply with quote

yes
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with painting Reply with quote

yes
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: problems with painting Reply with quote

yep, just lay on plenty of clear (if it needs it) and let it settle for a couple of weeks, then give it a block down with 1200-2000 wet/dry, then machine buff with a good compound followed by a good polish with a finishing glaze.. itll be flatter then 2pac as it wont have orange peel like 2pac, as uve blocked itr down
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: problems with painting Reply with quote

You can get 2K pretty flat mate you just dont leave it as long to dry 3 days to 1 week or youll have better chance of getting a turd to shine without scratches ..

my glasuit 2K paint job is off the gun not polished and thats a flat as hell and 6 years old now. it depends on your painter big time..

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: