HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Just making sure....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GemFactor
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Just making sure.... Reply with quote

Just wanna make sure TF/TG bumpers will bolt straightup in place of my TE bumpers before i sell em. Is the wiring the same for the front bumper, is it a straight forward job, same mounts etc.
cheers
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Just making sure.... Reply with quote

Cant remember exactly but TE's do have different mounts to the TF/G's. One will bolt up, cant remember which one, and the other will need mods to the bracket for it to fit.

Loz
GemFactor
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Just making sure.... Reply with quote

Thats what i wann know, cheers.......
Can anyone give me a definate on which one bolts up. Im sure at least someone out there has done this swap!
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Just making sure.... Reply with quote

TG bumpers will fit straight on ( with a bit of drilling and wiring on the front.
On the front it is easiest if you take the blinkers out of the gaurds and fill the holes (or get TG gaurds),
put blikers in the grill next to the headlights ( for the clear blinker look get clear orange paint from a hobby shop, paint the globes orange and connect the wiring to the blinker that was in the gaurd, you must change connections),
then connect the blinker in the bumper to the original bumper connection (you have to change connections)
and then connect the parker in the bumper to the original parker wire that was next to the headlight (again you have to change connections).
To make it easier on yourself buy all new connections, one type for blinkers and another for the parkers.
And the back bumper just bolts straight up.
With the drilling on the front end there is some brackets that stop the bumper drooping at the ends of the bumpers. To get the holes in the right spot measure the holes on a TG gaurd.
After trying it another way I found this was much easier. Oh and it is easier then it sounds.
Hope this helps. Simon
GemFactor
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Just making sure.... Reply with quote

Aweome stuff, thats exactly what i wanted and more, how to swap, and do oit legally to pass rego!
cheers lad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: