HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

MR2 Seats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: MR2 Seats Reply with quote

anyone managed to get a set of these into their gemini without too much trouble?

i know with honda prelude seats its almost a bolt in swap, im sure the toyota floorpan aint as flat as the gemini's so i'll have problems.

can pick up a set rather cheaply and they look nice and are comfy so i'll grab them if its only a amtter of slight changes to the rails etc
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: MR2 Seats Reply with quote

I have these in my gem. The rails on the seats are a little wider to gemini ones. I just used a few pieces of metal plate with holes drilled in them welded to the rails to bring the holes to the right position.

Are these the leather and swade seats with lumbar adjustment and base adjustment. If so how much can you get them for I paid $350 for mine

JOSH
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: MR2 Seats Reply with quote

i swapped a projector i wasnt using for them. they are in good nick but missing a nob

didi u get ya seats engineered or wot?

get any shit off cops for having them there?
Mark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: MR2 Seats Reply with quote

I had them in one of my previous cars. They fit well. From memory they are a touch wide and a touch long. 5mm strap steel plate across the front floor mounting points and use high tensile bolts to bolt the front to the strap. Then run similar gauge steel plate at rear and extend it back by 30mm or so. As long as the holes are no closer than 10mm from and edge it should be right for engineer approval
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: MR2 Seats Reply with quote

nah mine arent engineered but my car is defected at the moment and when they were defecting it they didnt even look twice at them. just gave them a bit of a shake and that was about it.

JOSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: