HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Door speakers --(Wazza)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 5:52 am    Post subject: Door speakers --(Wazza) Reply with quote

hey, i was just wondering if anyone has tried putting 6x9's in the front doors or kickpanels of a gemini, as i was thinking of doing this and wondering if its worth my while, like is there enough room in there without making huge pods??
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Door speakers --(Josh) Reply with quote

I got splits, Just make sure you don't mont them too close to the window winder or you bash your fingers up *ouch*
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Door speakers --(Paul) Reply with quote

6x9's are kinda designed to sound best mounted to a parcel shelf...I reckon a set of splits would sound much better.

Paul
Never late in a 308
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Door speakers --(pete) Reply with quote

your wasting your time, if there any decent brand they will rattle the door inserts off!! ive seen 4 6x9's in the parcel shelf but, that went hard! just make sure you use real thick wood, like an inch.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Door speakers --(Rodolphe) Reply with quote

6x9's in doors sound pretty good becasue of the size of the enclosure, they look shit though IMO, they stick out too far etc. They look good (and sound good) in the rear parcel shelf though.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Door speakers --(MatMan) Reply with quote

I've got 4" speakers in my doors, snf they shit easy to put in.
felix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Door speakers Reply with quote

i like my punk music so 6x9's in all door rock and they dont stick out to far!
felix
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: