HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

FUCKING AMPS!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:47 am    Post subject: FUCKING AMPS!!! Reply with quote

i drove into the city today, i live on the coast which is about half an hour away (a highway, not through the suburbs btw) anway i got there and i turned the ignition off, and for some strange reason the stereo will still on> after about an hour of trying to find out what it was, i decided to take it to the auto electrician. After about the 3rd i tried one decided tolook at it cos all the rest were "busy". I get it back and they tell me that my new amp (FUCKING JAYCAR) is fucked. The remote terminal is rooted and is phasing back to the ignition leaving it on. All i have to do now is wait and get up the fuckers at the shop when i return it tomorrow and ask for my money back. Im gonna go buy a proper amp for my sub, just like the Alpine one i got now... Fucking Jaycar dodgy shit.

well thats my bitch for the day
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: FUCKING AMPS!!! Reply with quote

I gots 2 Pioneer amps and never had a problem Smile
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: FUCKING AMPS!!! Reply with quote

yeah thats typical of jaycar shit, i bought one and not only did it over heat, but the low pass was fucked causing my sub to make bad popping sounds (which ended up killing the sub), i got my money back and bought a 200W altec and havent looked back!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I've had a jaycar re/sponse 2*150 for over a year now and have had no trouble whatsoever... have even modded it to run at 2 ohm

not saying u's didn't get stooged but for the money you pay for jaycar amps you can't really find better.... maybe you's found a bad batch

anyway just my 2 cents

cheers

NeWaZ
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Whats the diff between running 2ohm, 4ohm or 8ohm ?
defron
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

you get more watts at 2 ohms at 4 ohms less watts and so on
because at 2ohms more power has to get pushed to the sub or some shit
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

no, ohms is the measurement for resistance, which means that the speaker resists the power coming to it. Less resistance, more power that the speaker can put out, but this causes the headunit/amp to run hotter.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

did you notice that when you backed off on the gain on the amp the so called 'low pass is fucked' popping dissapears?

try setting your gains properly from your head unit running them nice and hot and have the amp gain lower??
sage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

you get what you pay for with jaycar. one of the main points is to not overload them. dont turn everything up to max. back it off and the amp will last allot longer.

if you want real performance just buy a pioneer amp, they are at a good price and their warrentee is one of the best. definately dodge sony, their shit isnt worth touching. the new VDO stuff seems ok but i havent had too much to do with them as yet.
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

i'll agree with that point that you get what you pay for with jaycar... however, as far as car audio goes i dont think you will find any other products that can match the re/sponse range for price versus quality... these products are cheap but are by far not qualified as cheap and nasty...

i have done many installs for mates using the re/sponse amps and subs and have never had a dissapointed reaction to a CORRECTLY tuned system using these products...

saying that, if you want a flawless, better quality, SQ system by all means fork out the extra cash for more renound brands and you will not be dissapointed either.

cheers

NeWaZ
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: BASS Reply with quote

renound brands such as "blaupunkt" they are awesome, i got a 4x100w rms amp runnin my one 15in sub, u can tell when im coming coz the ground trembles, and then the bass moves through ur whole fukn body, pure addiction i guess lol, i left all my windows up and shut all the doors and got into my mates car parked 1 spot over and it shook his car aswell... its an awesome feeling

Anyway...
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: BASS Reply with quote

What sub do you have?
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: BASS Reply with quote

15 inch peavey pa sub!!! LOL runin on low bi amp input into it its only runin of 2 ch 's atm, and its 8 ohm so only runin of 100w rms, it can handle 550w rms at 8 OHMS!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: