HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

just gemmi spares in adelaide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver_TE
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: just gemmi spares in adelaide Reply with quote

Hey, I heard that these ppl's did a brake conversion kit for gemmi's, has anyone ever tried it? or has anyone got there phone number????

THANX
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: just gemmi spares in adelaide Reply with quote

Just Gemini Spares & Repairs
Unit 2,87 Rundle Rd Salisbury South SA 5106
Ph: (0Cool 8258 7722
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Has anyone ever tried the brake conversion kit? Reply with quote

As the topic says, is anyone currently using the front brake conversion kit on there gemmi?
CyBeR GeM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone ever tried the brake conversion kit? Reply with quote

yeah im fairly good mates with the guys at Just Gemi's. The brakes are Camry Discs with volvo calipers. "Soop" has these brakes on his wagon. They are good and they are supposedly Approved by the RTA
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Yep Reply with quote

Yep, as cybergem said I have that brake kit. It was on the car when I bought it but I think the cost is around $1200 or so.

Mine probably need new pads at the moment but they certainly do stop the car very well.

Also as said these are fully approved by the RTA. Infact if you ring the RTA in adelaide asking what is the best vented disc brake upgrade for a gem they will put you onto just gemini spares and these brakes. So they are good.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Yep Reply with quote

I have the brake kit as well and they're not bad.

There is more than one kit out there, but do make sure that the kit doesn't increase the track of the car by more than about 5mm, as anything else is illegal.

The Just Geminis kit doesn't exceed this limit.

It IS NOT RTA approved until it has been through Regency Park depot, or the appropriate inspections in your state - however, the kit is supplied with the relevant engineers documents to ensure a breezy ride through.

Providing the rest of the car is up to scratch, of course....
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Yep Reply with quote

Also the same as above with my brake kit that was purchased from rod hadfield...
cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: