HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wagon window

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: wagon window Reply with quote

how the hell do you fix the window winding mechanism in a wagon door???? the cable in mine is all fucked and tangled etc.....
any help appreciated
tx gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon window Reply with quote

good-luck. mine was stuffed, wires had splints, had to throw it out. Couldn't find new one so bought one second hand. Fit it by first removing the glass then you have to first roll some of the wire on the pulley(both directions)then you while holding the pulley and wires in place with one hand the other hand has to then feed the wires through the pulleys on the door(one of the door pulleys is adjustable so back it off , then tighten it when done)then when wire is through all the pulleys in the same sequence(copy from pass door)get the pulley you've been holding in your hands and pull it into place and bolt it in.
Then re-place the glass and hope for the best.
If it doesn't work or the wires come back off check the wires followed the same path as the pass door, also check all pulleys because as happened to me one of the pulleys was damaged and it kept on spitting the wire out.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon window Reply with quote

im not to sure but thios might work.

The coupe have the same dpor size roughly as the wagon and they use a mechanism the same as the sedans the cog type. I suggest u find one of these winders and try it in the wagon if it might fit
NUT161
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon window Reply with quote

my mate fixed mine, all you have to do is drill out the part where the cable is held in to the winder, put in a new cable and put a D shackle type thing on the end of the cable to stop it pulling out
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon window Reply with quote

Get a Gregories Manual, they help heaps, show u all that stuff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: