HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

dash gauges dont work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCORP
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:20 am    Post subject: dash gauges dont work Reply with quote

I have a TG gem. I dont know much about gems, so here is my prob

Temp, Fuel and speed gauges dont work at all. Anyone have any tips or idea on how to fix these as i need to get the car RWC this week comming

Thanks
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: dash gauges dont work Reply with quote

well wat u do is check all ur fuses and shit and if that dont work find all the wires and work ur way back to see if anything is missing
With the speedo check that the cable is in probaly and shit it means pulling the instrument panel out
its like 6 screws on the dash and then four when u have the cover off
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: dash gauges dont work Reply with quote

The terminal for the temp gauge is under the inlet manifold bassically underneath the thermostat housing, make sure the appropriate wire is plugged on. I cant remember ATM which wire it is, but there will be a group of something like 3 wires in the area underneath the inlet manifold. they all have connectors on them, one goes to the lower side of the block that is most likely for oil pressure or level. One is your temp gauge and the other i cant remember what it's for.
The TX coupe my room-mate just bought had her temp wire disconnected, we found out why after i reconnected it - it overheats like a mother bitch on the highway.
Jasyn...
SCORP
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: dash gauges dont work Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips guys, ill try when i get home
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: