HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Ducting for cold air induction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Ducting for cold air induction Reply with quote

where do u get the piping from for a good price. went to autobarn and it was $29 a meter, Bunnings $39 meter and yobbo auto $98 meter. i dont really wanna fork out like $30-60 just for a piece of pipe. wheres some other places that would have it cheaper
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ducting for cold air induction Reply with quote

your front yard.....

dig up some sort of pipe out of your lawn....

ohh thats right, your a yobbo, you dont have lawn.... check under the torana thats on bricks....
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ducting for cold air induction Reply with quote

Try Clark Rubber
Gemisis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Ducting for cold air induction Reply with quote

Yo mick
what type of ducting are you after, the silver papery shit or the plastic/wire framed shit? When i was researching for the induction like you i found the silver paper ducting at an air conditiong place pretty cheap. But if your after the plastic stuff, go to your industrial tech(woodwork) rooms at school an rax some of the dust extraction system ducting its a perfect size at around 3 inches, thats what i did.
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ducting for cold air induction Reply with quote

flexible swimming pool piping is about $9/mtr from ya local pool shop, it comes in 2 sizes, 32mm and 38mm diameter (i think, its been a while since i worked in the pool shop)

-dave
CRAFT
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ducting for cold air induction Reply with quote

For my set up I used exhaust pipe. I only needed a small bit so it was the easiest way. How ever if you go to car lovers late at night and pretend to vacum your car the flexible pipe that is used on the vacum is perfect. It comes in a nice blue colour as well. Just pretend to be vacuming the back seat and cut it off.

Free and perfect size.
Gemisis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ducting for cold air induction Reply with quote

good job! Dont think solid exhaust pipe would be good for yobbo as he isnt running side drafts, bonnet clearance would be a problem. Where are you putting the filter pod mick?
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ducting for cold air induction Reply with quote

38mm pipe would be a wast of time. u want like 3"s
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ducting for cold air induction Reply with quote

ok, y would the size matter???, a smaller pipe would give u more air pressure to force it in, and with a larger one would have to be movin alot faster to get the same effect, ... how r u guys fitting the pod??? what are u attaching it too, the tube off the air filter or wat? can u get like adapter plates or something, i know how to do/where to get everything i need except for the thing that actually attachs it!!! to make it work, so help me out guys, would i be better off gettin a webber from a falcon and put the pod to that, or wat can u do with stock air filters to modify them??? (mine doesnt have the tube hangin off it, it got cut off)
thanks anybody...

Adrian
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Ducting for cold air induction Reply with quote

i need like the 3 inch shit becasue im using a back of a vk air box sitting next to my light and its got a 3inch bit for the pipe to go in. And yes matt ive already checked my garden and the piping is harder and would be hard to bend and its only like 38cm or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: