HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

???exhausts???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemn8r
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: ???exhausts??? Reply with quote

Hey does n e one know wat the best size sports exhaust would be for a stock 1600? and how much it would cost?

cheers.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ???exhausts??? Reply with quote

2" to 2 1/4" Max for stocker

profesionally done it would range between $100-$300 depending on the sports muffler u use.

cheers,
kev
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ???exhausts??? Reply with quote

how bout a 2' exhaust with a 3' dump pipe and i dunno wat kind of muffler would that give it any more power?
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: ???exhausts??? Reply with quote

if there is any variation in performance with different brands of mufflers, you are hardly going to notice the difference if at all.
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: ???exhausts??? TIPS??? Reply with quote

i got quoted about just over $400 for extractors and a 2" pipe to a "turbo" muffler (which doesn't mean much but with no tip i think you gota supply it

also if i wanted a 3 inch dump on the end do they just widen the pipe or what or is it didgy and spot welded just for looks
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ???exhausts??? TIPS??? Reply with quote

Reading an article in a mag the other day and a professional exhaust guy said "turbo" mufflers are a big wank and you cant beat a straight through fibreglass muffler. If you are loking for the highest output you can get from your exhaust this might help.
Gemn8r
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: ???exhausts??? TIPS??? Reply with quote

So the turbo mufflers are a waste of time and money? and how much do 1 of those little babies cost (fibreglass muffler?
1600TD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: ???exhausts??? Reply with quote

i got a stock 1600 with ramflo recently fitted Smile and soon i am having a new exhaust fitted.....

i just was quoted for 2" sports system(lukey) $250 with the extractors he added an extra $200 fitted.

i dont know wot sort of tip to get tho? does a 3" dump cost more?? what looks best on a td wagon?? i got a spare chrome tip off a vs ss i could ask to be fitted for something different ?
TGred
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ???exhausts??? TIPS??? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got a gem with a 2" pipe from the extractors up to the lukey performance muffler which is just before the rear wheels and a 2 1/4" pipe out from the muffler. To finish it off my uncle made a sweet as 3" polished stainless dumper.
I've never heard a louder gem Smile

All up it cost me $460 (installed) at Profix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: