HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Next Adelaide Meet?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

Saturday November 30th!
details yet to be arranged, a day cruise as usual, destination unknown at this stage, post some suggestions people!

Cheers,
Matt
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

Why not have a night cruise for a change ?

It usually a better atmosphere albeit a little riskier for cops.

Also theres more chance of people turning up since they'd already be out cruising around anyway.

Just an idea.
jono
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

heyas.
sup
night cruise through the twisties. usually less traffic at night and a sweet as drive.
maybee chain of ponds and gorge rd.?
and i hear the road between mount compass and nankita is a sweeeeet as cruise rd.
somethin twisty
later
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

cool i might be able to go this time
im interested in going any where but preferably not victor
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

This might sound dumb but, how about a cruise through all the common cruise places, start off at the bay or wherever, then through the city and whatnot. On a firday night or something, would be awesome seeing a heap of gems cruising through town at night. Then maybe finally a run through the hills past windy point and stuff. Some great twisty roads up there. Also close to the city so not too much of a hike.

Maybe some rallying at brownhill creek Smile Kidding.

Then again I doubt my car will be ready, its getting to the point where "a quick tidy up" is turning into a full rebuild... almost.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

night cruise would be good yes, but then theres about 10 times more chance of being harrassed by cops and defected and stuff, on a friday or sat night u know how many cops there are in and around town! so i wonder what their gonna do when they see 25 or so gemi's cruisin down rundle!
and plus, photos dont come out too good!
anyway, its your ideas, if everyone wants a night cruise then a night cruise it is, but i know a heap of people that wont take their cars near town at night, understandable!

cheers,
Matt
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

night cruise????
in town????

i have a better idea lets all cruise to the cop shop and ask them if they can inspect our cars!!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

I recon a sunday cruze to places like the bay,city and esplanard would be the way to go (providing its nice weather). And just get everyone to cruzie it instead of kaining it every were, u cant enjoy a cruze if ur allways trying to catch up to people.

Jason
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

Yeh the cop thing is a problem. Especially after reading about the behaviour of people on the last one.

Even a cruise through the city/bay whatever during the day would be good. Less cops around at that time of day as well.
CyBeR GeM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

hay guys its almost summer...the sun will be out so if ur afraid of cops at nite you can still have an awesome time and soak up the sun and pick up the chicks at a barbecue at the beach during the day.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

hey town is a bad idea
as i got my polution gear d/c and seat belts are frayed and yeah dont think i would pass the test

what we should do is go for a cruize from like elizabeth to norlunger or something so we have abig convoy on the high way all the people just see liek 20 of the same cars go past and then theres should be less hassles if we all behave
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

yeah that'd be cool, and do some proper organising this time and organise a big bbq or something too.... just like a bring your own shit and cook it up and enjoy.... that'd be good
WAY2LOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

sorry i didnt make it last sunday, had a small problem with the engine blowing up in the thrasher :p oh well next time ill b there.
nite cruise is a good idea, but i aint going newhere near the city in my car. why dont we meet up late on a saturday arvo, so fotos can b taken or what ever, then head out for a cruise as the sun sets. along the beaches would be sweet as... check out the ladies Smile then head into the hills for sum fun!!!!!

duz ne1 ere own a white te turbo?? drives down grand junction all the time, always beeps? next time light it up for me Wink
OneTuffTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

yeah a day cruise and bbq would be sweet i rekon meet some where like a maccas carpark then drive down the main street of semaphore the along the beach to the bay. where we sizzle up some snags..... cause now thats it is warmin up there is loads of "POONTANG" walking up and down the beach so while we are there we can see if they wanna come and eat some "SAUSAGES" hehehehe.... and do it during the day. on a weekend or something
it's schools holidays now so there is heaps of chicks during the day...........

MATT BYWATERS=== were u at the cruise? which was your car...
mine was the burgandy TG with Polised camira rims on it...

i meet HONES so i thought id see which 1 you were
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Next Adelaide Meet? Reply with quote

nah we would never get parks down at glenelg do it the other way
start near glenelg curize down there then along to semophore and eat there or some massive park that has barbbies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: