HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Lovells - opinions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Lovells - opinions Reply with quote

Hey all, i have a piazza- not quite a gemini though i thought u could help. The only place willing to lower my car, says that kings are the best springs to get and that any other and u are wasting ur money. The quote for custom lowered kings is $625 fitted. Now i have found somewhere where i can get lovells low for a piazza for $350 fitted. I have been told that lovells are renowned for sagging and all the rest. Do u think i should go the lovells and see how it goes or just spend the money right the first time and get kings - kings seem a littke pricy!
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Lovells - opinions Reply with quote

The front end is exactly the same as a gemini so the front springs are the same and I am pretty sure the rear end is exactly the same so that means the rear springs would be the same (you would have to ask someone who has done a Piazza rear end conversion on their Gemini to make sure). If that is right you will have a much bigger range of springs to choose from, Personally I found that Pedders is a really good brand.
Hope this helps.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Lovells - opinions Reply with quote

Lovells are a pretty good australian brand. All the people who told you that lovells were bad were probably the people trying to sell you the kings, so of course they'd say that.
Pedders are also fine.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Lovells - opinions Reply with quote

its all about the suspenson place he might have a direct link with a spring supplier and gets a good deal on that spring. same with bushes my suspension guy sez super pro are better than nolathane and myu old one said nolathane were better? so it all depends.

I run lovells in my coupe and i didnt like the look of the rear lowered springs i got from them. but they seem up to the task and if all else fails i will get custom made rear and front springs
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Lovells - opinions Reply with quote

I've seen quite a lot of people use Pedders. I have pedders in mine and they look good and they perform really good too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: