HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

help me here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foramusementonly
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: help me here Reply with quote

well, last week i said i might be buying a fiat. well i told the guy (my neighbour/friend) i'd buy it, but today i saw a gemi wagon (what i origanlly wanted) that my mate's mate is gonna sell in a month. he's just rebuilt the engine, the interior is brand new, its ready to be sparyed whatever color i want (if i buy it), he's getting 15" rims and rubber. the only problem is that there's a bit of rust on the car and its been outta rego for around 8mths. without rego he said he'd sell for about $2,100. how much trouble would i be lookin at to go and get a blue slip and then register it? and about how much would that be in NSW? i'm desperate here because i need to know in about 2 days time so i can tell the guy with the fiat.

cheers,
dan
hellholefred
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: help me here Reply with quote

Well u need a blue slip and green slip all about $600 thats what it cost me for mine minus pinkslip cause i wright my own out so if u lived near me i would wright one 4 you as well man!
how bad is the rust??? might not pass??
foramusementonly
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: help me here Reply with quote

i'm from western sydney. the rust isn't too bad, then again i don't know what'd pass and what wouldn't but my mate is gonna have a look at it with me on the weekend so hopefully he'll enlighten me a bit more.

cheers,
dan
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: help me here Reply with quote

why dont you get your mate to register it b4 he sells it
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: help me here Reply with quote

Sounds a bit dear. Wagons go cheaper than sedans by a 300 to 400 dollars from my experience. If there is any rust in the floor pans then it will be difficult to get a blue slip with out repairing. Blue slip is $36, rego will be between $800 and $1200 depending on how cheap you get the green slip (depending on your age etc) and you can bet the blue slip guy will find other things to fix. even small things can add up the dollars quick especially if you can't fix them yourself. If you scan the trading post you should find a registered one for that price pretty easy and if you are not in a hurry you should find a nice one eventually. Even if it only had 2 weeks rego for example, it will be easier to pink slip this than to do a whole blue slip as they check more things.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: help me here Reply with quote

then if all goes well...buy it with rego added on top!
foramusementonly
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: help me here Reply with quote

thats what i told him.. car will cost a bit extra but it'll save me the hassle

-dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: