HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wagon seatbelt dilemma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: wagon seatbelt dilemma Reply with quote

Hey all, I have started my search for replacement seatbelts for my wagon. Unfortunately, they are not available anywhere. I even checked in at the holden spare parts place, and they aren't in the book (which was revised way back in '84) so they haven't been around for ages. What have other wagon owners done to overcome this parts shortage? Oh, and the seatbelts are definetly shagged.

Cheers, Greg.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon seatbelt dilemma Reply with quote

is it a two seater or four seater?
if two seater why not harness's?
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon seatbelt dilemma Reply with quote

Its a proper wagon, with the 5 seats and I'd like to keep the extra 3 seats. You never know when you might need the extra seats.
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon seatbelt dilemma Reply with quote

have you tried sedan back seat seatbelts? i am certain that they might fit
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon seatbelt dilemma Reply with quote

Nah, I've already looked at that (not that closely though). The wagon has a bit that hangs from the ceiling almost, and the sedans don't have that bit. Plus, thats one of the bits that is stuffed. Worth another look I guess, Cheers.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: wagon seatbelt dilemma Reply with quote

might be able to hook you up with a set
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: wagon seatbelt dilemma Reply with quote

Well, if you can get a good set of genuine wagon belts, that'd be great (if you live on the northside of Brissy). Email me if ya do, Cheers.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: wagon seatbelt dilemma Reply with quote

sorry dude no luck. all i have from a wagon is the midle seat belt and the bits that the rear side ones go into. also have what look like the bits that come down off the roof for the side belts to go through. you can have it all if you want it.
p.s. from a te i think
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: wagon seatbelt dilemma Reply with quote

We put retractable rears in the mooch mobile. used some nice 88 XF ghia ones with the pretty covers. Made up custom brackets from RHS steel, mounted to the seatbelt mounting point behind the rear seat. Engineer approved. Fairly straight forward.

http://www.geocities.com/mygemi/gallery1.html

u can see them sort of in these shots. I should actually take some good ones of it.

Think outside the square dude.

Ciao
mooch
jedi1983
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: wagon seatbelt dilemma Reply with quote

i just got new belts put in thru the old brackets/ retractors etc, and use buckles out of a late model car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: