HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

car pics sorted by models

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlebrownTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:11 am    Post subject: car pics sorted by models Reply with quote

I don't do many posts but i do read them and the way they are set out now is ok. for me if im looking for a gemi or parts i want to know what they look like. so i look in the modified geminis, stock geminis, show geminis. what im getting at is the different models from tx - tg and should be put into catagories. like all the td's together etc. and special models eg. zz/z zz/r sandpiper RB in another. this way someone can make future desissions on modifications, purchising parts and buying this or that model.

keep up the good work
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: car pics sorted by models Reply with quote

that all sounds great, except for the RB featuring in the special models, possibly a "shame" category is needed as well!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: car pics sorted by models Reply with quote

im not to fond of the rb's either but "fair go".
so where would u put a car that has 2 different models?
eg a td coup with a tg front, or a td pano with a te front?
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: car pics sorted by models Reply with quote

if its called a TG by law it goes in the tg section, who cares if it has te taillights...its still called a TG

what if my tg has a ZZ/Z front spoiler...its still a TG isn't it?

knobnut
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: car pics sorted by models Reply with quote

no hones, this would be called a ZZ/G
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: car pics sorted by models Reply with quote

even though the rb is not a gemini in the true sence, it dose have the badge, but i still hate them. but if you classify the models then comparison of colour body type eg coup, sedan , wagon and van and the small details like lights, mags, spoilers and stock options. if the catagorising cannot be done could ther be a section of all the models eg. specs special options like the s, sl, sle, slx and the differences. many other web sites have such a feture like pics of stock gemis with exterior and interior shots. this gives those non gemi driving people who see the web site a chance not only to see the "done up" cars with the extreme mags/body kit but can see stocks that show an accurite picture of what they are likely to get as their first gem.

thanks
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: car pics sorted by models Reply with quote

ive said it before and ill probably say it again- why the f**k is an rb not a real gemini?
*4 speakers (well they were all shit, but at least they were there in the first place)
*gearknob in the right place
*electric mirrors
*remote boot release
*remote fuel cap release
*velour interior (no stinky vinyl in the sun smell)
*intermittent wipers
*adjustable steering column
*tinted rear lights
*tacho (i know some of the earlier models had them)
*lumbar support in the drivers seat
*14's (i know thats pretty crappy, but at least i can legally put 16's on it)
*fuel tank in the boot floor
the list goes on. so the oldies are rwd,the newer ones are fwd, who cares, get over it!what 'true sence [sic]' are you talking about littlebrowntg?
littlebrownTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: car pics sorted by models Reply with quote

All i am saying that shore there were some improvements in the features of the vehicals post 1985 but you are comparing chalk to cheese.

In april 1985 saw the end of the true HOLDEN gemini's with major support from GMH and ISUZU ended. After this the licence was extended to incorporate a front wheel drive badged model (RB). This died the death in terms of numbers manufactured ands models produced just like its "insperation" the camira whith only two models produced. the Australian public didn't want larger sedan fwd vehicals by HOLDEN and opted for the smaller fwd's of the Barina and Astra. Why then was there only the RB badged as a HOLDEN vehical and no other models after were redialy available from holden dealerships?

Your argument is that of comparing a vehical that was produced in 1986 to cars that were maufactured from 1977 to 1984/5. Armed with your logic i could compare the holden commodore of today (VY) with that of the VB. both have different engines (straight six 3.3 to V6 3.Cool, body types and geuss what different features (electric mirrors central locking as standard etc.) But with such a drastic body change it is no wounder that the Australian public didn't imbrase this new hybrid RB.

at theend of the day the numbers speek for them selves :
model year Total production
TX 1975 43,009
TC 1976 17,256
TD 1978 42,396
TE 1979 70,567
TF 1982 28,325
TG 1983 24,675
total 226,228

RB 1985 16,261

THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT or do i have to spell it out?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: car pics sorted by models Reply with quote

well if you want to spell it out, imbrase [sic] is spelt e-m-b-r-a-c-e Smile . sorry to fly off the handle mate, i just thought you were acting like the other people in here who bash rb's for no real reason; and yes i feel kinda silly!
littlebrownTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: car pics sorted by models Reply with quote

thankyou for your responce, i dont hate rb's i just woldn't buy or drive one myself. i was making a point that rb drivers compared to tx-tg drivers make the mistake of comparing two totaly different vehicals. if compared to the fwd cars of the day yes the rb was better than the astra and camira, but was not liked by those who owned previous models. tx -tg owners make the comparison due to numbers produced and rb drivers compare due to the number of features they have over the previouse models.
dont feel silly about it i was making a point that other tx-tg owners dont fully make. just laying out the facts for all to read and interperate.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: car pics sorted by models Reply with quote

very diplomatic of you mate, good work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Web Site All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: