HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

low ass gemi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
245ci TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:11 am    Post subject: low ass gemi Reply with quote

i have a problem i want my gemi to sit low as and i mean low but have no idea of what shockers or springs to use or to just use the gas axe on the originals as i have another spare set in another shell to use if they fuck up i will be running 14" mags at moment but am looking to flare gaurds and hunt for the right offset in 17" or 18" later dowm the track
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

u wont get it super low with anything bigger than 15"mags, even if u do roll the gards.
u cant buy HELL low springs, if u want it stupid low u have to chop them. ( i bouhg 2 VL/HQ springs cut em in 1/2 and that gave me 4 Smile ) u cant buy lowered shocks for gemins, but iv been told camera ones work. but just use a set of munros or something like that. or super cheap ones cos having the car that ow ya just gonna bust the seals or what ever it is.
daCoupe
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

go talk to a king's spring dealer,he'll help u out
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

having a low ass gemgem sucks ass, its so annoying to drive, if ur gonna get 17 or 18 inch weels, u wont have to lower it very much at all. the weels will sit right up in the gaurds and will look very low but still the underbody will be physically high off the ground, win win situation wen u have 17/18s......
Gemsta
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

yeah blueplanno is right it does suck having your car too low yeah dont get me wrong its fun at first but soon gets annoying trust me i know i put 14inch camira rims on and cut the springs so the gurads would sit ove the rim at first it was fun but now its that low i cant go to shopping centres cause i rip my exhaust off on the speed humps. But With the rims you want you cant go that low anyways
Have Fun

Cheers
Gemsta
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

yeah i scraped so bad once it tore the exhaust off infront of the muffler and wraped the whle rear section down and under the diff. took 3 hours to get it out (as it was so low) but the bonus was i got to drive home with and exhaust that stops just after the gear box Smile sounded normal till about 3500rpm and then it just roared!!! fucking loud as!!!!!
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

Let me get this right. You want to get 17 or 18" rims, but you wont pay for some custom springs? Chopped springs are stupid and dangerous, not only to you but to others on the road when you car does something unexpected around a fast corner- and it WILL happen.

Actually, seeing as your putting a 245 in it, it will probably only be a drag/burnout car? In that case, then yeah go for it but otherwise, fork out for proper ones.
245ci TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

well at moment i have a choice of 14" camira rims they are on car now or 13" stockers but i cant afford my mags yet any way so i might just cut the springs for some fun till i get my mags then i will get proper suspension
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

yes if u want good lowness u have to cut. but go out and buy some holden springs from the wreckers and cut them becasue standard springs cut are to soft. o yeah to top gene Smile i drove my car to the get a new exhaust on just extractors hehehheh it was like driving a airoplane Smile
tuff187
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

what other holden springs fit into a gemini??
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

basically all older ones up to up to VN's i think but all the "V" series fit and HQ's for sure
macca
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

Hey mate I got super low king springs with kyb shockies
17" wheels handles like a go kart rides better than anything else ive been in including some wrx's

Cheers
245ci TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

i am puttin the 245 in my tg and my tx is the one gettin 17"s but i was just after a short term lowering job and when i can afford it i will fit the rims them get suspension to suit
245ci TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: low ass gemi Reply with quote

sweet as mate thanx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: