HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Paint Question about 2pac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:19 am    Post subject: Paint Question about 2pac Reply with quote

I'm having my car resprayed in 2pac by a friend. I'm doing all the prep and I believe I have made an extremely stupid mistake.

I went and used a can of spray putty on a couple of panels so fill in some small dents and stuff.

Will this react with the 2pac being sprayed over the top ?

If so, what should I do ? I've only done a couple of panels so far.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Question about 2pac Reply with quote

that shit works no probs on acrylic, dunno bout 2pak.
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 pac application Reply with quote

you can spray 2pac over acrylic but the paint tends to not stick too well.
you really should use a 2pac undercoat as this will also bring the topcoat to a better gloss.
2pac undercoat will adhere to acrylic with no worries, providing it is rubbed back with 400 w & d.
I have seen cases of 2pac lifting off acrylic basecoats after a few months... so spend the xtra $$$$ and do it right!

hope that helps
lachlan..
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 pac application Reply with quote

Ah great so proper 2pac undercoat sprayed over any acrylic products (spray putty for example) should make the 2pac top coat stick fine. Cool. Only 1 panel is acrylic and the rest have a bit of spray putty on from filling dents and stuff. All properly rubbed back.

The guy doing it said to basically block it back and get it straight then scuff the rest with 800 and then he will do a light undercoat and then the top coat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: