HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

more air filter help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1600TD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:23 am    Post subject: more air filter help Reply with quote

when i order or find a 2nd hand ramflo filter, is there another small type filter i need to get for one of the hoses which needs disconnecting? whats this little filter called ??
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: more air filter help Reply with quote

there's a bigger pipe which is an oil breather, you can put any filter onto that. There is also a crank case&fuel tank breather which I just blocked, but you could put some cloth or something over the end?
and then there's a mixture compensator hose, it goes to the base of the carby I think, or maybe direct into the manifold. You can just block that one up also.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: more air filter help Reply with quote

dudes, u can get defected for that i think. car after 1980 i think it is.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: more air filter help Reply with quote

you are quite right tg1985, very defectable indeed
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: more air filter help Reply with quote

You will have no problems on the TD. The ramflo filter that I have has the vacumm connection on it. You will need a little filter for the rocker cover. You can get a K&N one for around $20. The fuel seperator connection can be connected to the air filter by attaching another connection to it or make up a small filter like I've done with a peice of foam stuffed inside an old fuel filter. ie cut the top of the fuel filter, remove the filter and put some foam in it. I got my TX through a blue slip with this setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: