HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

car sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defron
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: car sound Reply with quote

how do you make your car sound beafy like loud what do you have to add to a stock engine and exaust ect...
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: car sound Reply with quote

extractors, positioning of sports muffler, or if you like no muffler at all...
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: car sound Reply with quote

and put on a noisey air filter like a ramflo to get some nice induction sound
Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: car sound Reply with quote

I've got a shitty press-bent exhaust with no extractors on my G200. Anyway my exhaust had 2 bends after the resonator, i figured that they couldn't be too good, so i cut em off with a hack saw. Now it sounds a bit tougher, a tiny bit more powerful too!
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: car sound Reply with quote

One thing that a couple of my friends have done to their cars (not gem's, but would work anyway) is get a new exhaust (no extractors, stocko up that end) (2" for a 1600) put two resonators on, no muffler and a wankel tip. I must admit it sounds pretty sweet. Apparently its not too loud. On my Gem I have extractors 2" sports exhaust with a sports muffler and a resonator, no tip. It sounds alright, better than stock and goes harder.

My friends got their exhaust for around $250 from a guy in Mt Ommaney (Bris), its about another $200 for extractors aswell.
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: car sound Reply with quote

Put a big huge fukn 4 inch pipe on it with extractors or the best solution take ya whole exhaust off
Gemsta
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: car sound Reply with quote

i have a 1600 motor and mine sounds sweet with 2.5inch from da manifold no resonator and a big muffler off a V8 with a 2.5inch dump tip and yeah a big ramflo filter mad sucking sound when you get on the noise

Cheers
Gemsta
defron
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: car sound Reply with quote

thank think i will be getting the ramflo hehe Very Happy filter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: