HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CYBER GEM:::About the solexs locks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: CYBER GEM:::About the solexs locks Reply with quote

could have heard wrong but why do you reakon that solex locks are dodgy? i from personal experience know that i would prefer to have them on mine compared to the ordinary gem locks. eg. i used my keys to unlock and start up my mates gem(standard locks). and....... my brother took my car to work the other day and found out when he got home that he had used his corona key to start it up and drive it away. what if he was some other bloke and i had standard locks on. bye bye gem. just thought it was a stupid comment.

baz
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: CYBER GEM:::About the solexs locks Reply with quote

i can open my gem with my thumnail
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: CYBER GEM:::About the solexs locks Reply with quote

I can open mine with a 5c piece...think I'd rather the solex ones personally....
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: CYBER GEM:::About the solexs locks Reply with quote

i cant open my gem with a key....someone tried to steal it and stuffed the lock....thank god for central locking..
CyBeR GeM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: CYBER GEM:::About the solexs locks Reply with quote

i dont know about you but im a man of simplicity.
why the hell would you want to use one key to open the door then another to start the bloody thing. i dunno maybe its cos ive had and been around newer cars rather the old types.
about the solex locks. we were talking about how you wouldnt pay $120 to fit them. Putting locks back in is a very stressful task. sometimes you get them first shot...then you spend hours on the other lock. Also people just pop them out just to prove that no solex lock will stop them from doing at least something to your car. CENTRAL LOCKING IS THE WAY TO GO! i dont have any locks
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: CYBER GEM:::About the solexs locks Reply with quote

yeh i can open my gem with a 5c coin. Its fucked, i got central locking here for my wagon, lucky i only need 2 and not 4. and the worst part is...Solex dont fit wagons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: