HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

whats with 16"s and 17"s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOERYDA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: whats with 16"s and 17"s Reply with quote

Im looking 4 some new mags but its sending me up the wall with all the head fucks involved. the main problem is i want these 16x7 rims 4 my car but they r a fraction to wide. its ok when the car is down but when it goes up on a jack the rims hit my shocks. can i get away with this? I dont really want to get spacers( the cheaper ones sound shonky and im not paying $500 4 the good ones). How does everyone else get away with 16" and 17" mags.I dont really want to 15"s but if i cant get the above to work I might have to.
cheers 4 any help

Jas
habibs_gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: whats with 16"s and 17"s Reply with quote

u said ur putin 16x7's say bye bye to insurance ur only alowed 1 inch width larger then the standard tyre its cause the 16x7s are a larger width u could fit 17x6 and it wont pan out wen u jack it up altho depends how low ur car is too if its lower then 3 inches all around ur 16's mite fit well i have a set of bbs 17x6's on my tg and its lowered 5 inches all round cant turn the steering wheel to full lock i need my guards rolled but cant be fuked at the moment cause im considering selling it for a vl turbo
OneTuffTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: whats with 16"s and 17"s Reply with quote

i dont know much about mags and shit
but i have 14" camira rims on my TG and they hit the shockers when i jack the car up to so. i dont think its the size of the wheel
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: whats with 16"s and 17"s Reply with quote

habbis, why didnt u get 17x7?? u already illegal with the 17" so u maidas got 7" aswell.
u can only got one inch wider and one inch bigger than stock, meaning without an engineers certificit the bigget wheels u can put on ya gem is 15"x6"
read the code of practic if u dont belvie me
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: whats with 16"s and 17"s Reply with quote

True, but i think in WA you caqn go 7` legally. If u get 17x7 you wont hit the shockies..(i think)
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: whats with 16"s and 17"s Reply with quote

regarding mags people would any1 know if like the rims off a MG fit? the 4 stud i duno what pattern they are thats the prob the spoke ones im talken about, why i ask is i dont have a gem yet but these rims r siten in my yard and yeah wana know if they fit and to keep em or ditch them also they r missin the spinner caps and a couple spokes so ill have to get them repaired so i dont want to spend money on somthing not worth it
cheers and any thoughts on the matter appreciated
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: whats with 16"s and 17"s Reply with quote

The reason your 14" Camira wheels hit the shocks is that your offset is incorrect. I have 14" Camira steelies which have had the centres shifted. I don't have any trouble with rubbing except on really hard lock, even then it is only the outside on the guard lip.
RedTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Oi mate Reply with quote

I have 17 x 7.5 inch rims on my TG, and the tyre size is 215/45/17

other than that its all good, stuff the insurance, it is a Gemini after all, it is lowered, not dropped, there is a pic on the gemini gold coast cruise with them on it, say the may cruise,

my car is red, not maroon by the way

regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: