HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: HELP!!! Reply with quote

Hi guys, I need some help.

My gem's running like a bitch and is spluttering and choking when I put my foot down hard on the accelerator.

Could my engine be flooding? Because when I push the accelerator down slower the car is ok.

ANY suggestions would be good as I am VERY new to Gem's as I've only had mine a couple of months.

Also, fuel filter...where? Sorry if that's a stupid Q, but as I said...I'm new to this.

Thanks in advance for the help! Wink

Andrew.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Reply with quote

The fuel filter is in the fuel line under the bonnet. If you can't find it then follow the fuel line back from the carby till you do.
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Reply with quote

Ok, I found the little bugger...don't think it's too bad...but a little dirty...
GEM16C
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Reply with quote

there's also a smell filter in the carby which is known to block up but sounds like the carby needs to be tuned.
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Reply with quote

How do I tune the carby?

Thanks,

Andrew.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Reply with quote

Even if it looks a little bit dirty it's a good idea to replace it, at least then you know how old it is... Mine looked almost brand new, when I took it off it rattled from shit in it and I could hardly blow through it Wink

BTW. about getting your carby tuned, you'll probably want to get a mechanic to do that if you're new to them
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the help guys!

Andrew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: