HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fitting Camira RIMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OneTuffTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Fitting Camira RIMS Reply with quote

g- day i just got my camira rims polished and they look fucken sick.... any who,,, i am having trouble fitting then on the front my TG. my mate who has then says that you need grind/file the back of that big whole in the middle of the rim so that they fitt on proper.... thats what he did... is there another whay it can be done?
i found that they go on but when i drive the wheel wobbles.

wb soon cause i want to put then on..

Cheers...
CyBeR GeM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting Camira RIMS Reply with quote

you can also put spacers on the rims. you can buy spacers from places like autobarn and sprints for not too much. otherwise you should be able to scoop some up second hand
EVLJT
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting Camira RIMS Reply with quote

Just use a file, you only have to take out fuck all, it would take you less than 10 minutes to do all 4 rims. When you first put the wheels on they will hit on the shock, don;t worry about this as it moves back away when you lower the car back down. Spacers are illegal in most states anyway
CyBeR GeM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting Camira RIMS Reply with quote

im sure grinding them would be illegal as well if spacers are. just giving him options. thats all. Razz
you do not need to file the back ones just the fronts.

cheers
Gemsta
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting Camira RIMS Reply with quote

I grinded mine and lowered it at the dame time and it looks sick go here for a look

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sc&vid=287&car=3

camira rims look sick on gems

Cheers
Andrew
GEM2NV
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting Camira RIMS Reply with quote

what do you use to grind them and how much do you take off?
OneTuffTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting Camira RIMS Reply with quote

thanks guyz i ended up doing it with my mate who has camira rims. we just filed the insides of the rims at the back of that big in the middle with a metal file... we found that useing a big file is alot easier ma sure it is the type with the rounded back and the flat top. but use the rounded bit.
i finally got then on and it look great
cheers fellas
GEM2NV
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting Camira RIMS Reply with quote

how much metal did you file off?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: