HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

New Fuel Punp--What ones are the best??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:46 am    Post subject: New Fuel Punp--What ones are the best?????? Reply with quote

i have to change my fuel pump today and can anyone tell me what is the best one to go for. i am only going to the wreckers. does it have to be a four cylinder size or can i put something else in to make it go better say a commondore one or similar. i am the one that had the problem with my gem pig rooting and starving itself of fuel at 3500 revs. any help appreciated

baz
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New Fuel Punp--What ones are the best?????? Reply with quote

Have you checked your fuel filter? My car started starving for fuel at around 4000 and then about a week later it was worse and then it became undrivable, couldnt even sit on 60km/h without it spitting and coughing. It turned out that there was just a lot of bad fuel going around and once I put on a new fuel filter I was doing 6 grand without a problem again.
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New Fuel Punp--What ones are the best?????? Reply with quote

done that....the filter was black. also changed the leads, spark plugs and fixed a few leaking hoses. know a bloke with the same problem and he tightened his altinator and replaced the fuel pump. i found i had kicked the wire out of where the fuel pump is connected to the fuel box. fixed that. goes smoother but is doing it in every gear. went to a garage and the bloke said that it could be the points in the little black box near the battery. will tighten my altenator up and try another one of those black boxes and ssee what is going on. shouldnt be the carby cos weve checked all that. anyway i will keep trying.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: New Fuel Punp--What ones are the best?????? Reply with quote

I suppose it is possible that the connection from your voltage regulator is a bit loose but I doubt it. Try pulling off your fuel line (before filter) and putting a container on the end of it and then supplying your fuel pump with power and see how well it is performing. I put an aftermarket fuel pump on when I got my twin webers I think it cost me about $100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: