HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

how to make my gem have a grunt sound?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:52 am    Post subject: how to make my gem have a grunt sound? Reply with quote

well i want my car to sound good i dont know how to make this happen plz help me out im a newbie i got a 79 TD with a 2L with extractors plz help me
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: how to make my gem have a grunt sound? Reply with quote

but a nissan impot engin in it Razz

2.5" exhaust and a cam and weber
CyBeR GeM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: how to make my gem have a grunt sound? Reply with quote

you need a stainless muffler like the rice boy cars. they make gemi's sound like wrx's
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: how to make my gem have a grunt sound? Reply with quote

yep they sure do..

actually turns WRX's owners heads and makes them look twice before taking off and kicking ya arse Smile

extractors, 2 or 2.5 inch piping, straight thru muffler and a barrel/cannon on the end and it wont be too lound and should have a nice tone to it
InSoMnIAC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: how to make my gem have a grunt sound? Reply with quote

If You really want to make a gemini sound beefy as you already have extractors presuming there 4-1 not 4-2-1 try running a 2 or 2.1/4 exhaust whether its stainless or not dont matter as much as you only have a very basic engine, if the exhaust mechanic is competent he should install the muffler as far back as possible and if to keep resonanse down as low as possible with a mosterous grumble at 50, 70 and 100 try getting a 2.1/2 inch hot-dog right at the end that should get around the problem of having a near stock engine yet still give some added performance and a hell of a lot of grunt noise worthy of mr BLUE's attention and the nearest 8 streets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: