HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

attn van/wagon owners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: attn van/wagon owners Reply with quote

ive got a td van and i bought a set of solex locks and they dont fit, i bought a second set and they dont fit. so does anyone know the serial number of solex locks that fit a van.
or does anyone know any other brand like ghl that will fit.
cheers
kizza
Ben J
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: attn van/wagon owners Reply with quote

Kizza, When i had my wagon, I wanted and bought those locks, It turns out that SOLEX dont make them to fit a wagon/van

They tried to sell me gemmi sedan locks, then japanese sport car locks, None of which fitted.

Its cos the plastic piece which attaches from the lock to the mechanism is so short on gemmi wagons, The sedans etc. are all about 2cm longer

Spewin, i had to settle for nomral universal locks, Aswell as a good alarm, as well as a clublock, as well as removal of my rotor button lol

Spewing hey Sad

Ben
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: attn van/wagon owners Reply with quote

whats that other brand simmilar to solexs just chrome?any1 know if they fit, i duno but im guna be buyig a swagon real soon and this is rather gay (solex not fitting)
cheers
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: attn van/wagon owners Reply with quote

If your going to buy a wagon or van, get used to a lot of stuff not fitting.

All the fiddley bits in vans and wagons are completely different most of the time. They use the european opel parts most of the time as opposed to the holden/gm ones. Not to mention its a pretty different style of car.

Examples, door locks, inside door handles, window winder mechanism, etc.. All different and pain in the butt to get a hold of cheap.

But hey, vans and wagons are so much cooler Smile
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: attn van/wagon owners Reply with quote

dam never new that still wagons guna be the go i think, i was guna go coupe but cost to much initially as im a student that works at maccas Sad (it pays so relax use dont have to tell me its shit i already know it is) yah and wagons are like 1500 for a neat one so yeah. and i recon there hell sweet as well
soon people soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: