HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Piazza engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ichiban
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject: Piazza engine Reply with quote

did these come in dohc if so how much for me to purchase one and anyone got any pics of the engine

thanks
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

The early imported piazzas had the 2 litre NA twincam.. I'm pretty sure. However the turbo motor is SOHC only I think.

A DOHC motor will set u back around $800-$1000 for a good one and you also need injection setup, computer, loom etc.
Ichiban
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

only 1k geez i was looking to spend 3k
unse like motec ecu or wolf 3d
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

You will be spending well into 3-4 k by the time you have all the injection and computer sorted out.

Then theres the front brake upgrade.

That figure was only on the motor itself, even then you may need to rebuild it or whatever.
Ichiban
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

basically ive got 12k and being a mechanic electricial apolsterer and painter/panel beater i beleive the car will be very nice for the 12k im spending
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

Okay, no the 4Z series doesn't have a twin cam version (unless someone knows otherwise?), FWIW, if you are spending 12k and want to stick to an isuzu donk, turbo a 4ZE1, an extra 33% capacity can't hurt.
Ichiban
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

piazza had 2l turbo engine that were Dohc
thats the one i want

http://www.matthewmcdonald.com/piazza/info.htm
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

Close, but not quite, piazza's had two litre engines that were double overhead cam and piazza's had two litre engines that were turbocharged, G200w and 4ZC1-T respectively. I am unaware (but again, feel free to correct me) of a twink, snail, milk & juice motor in a piazza.
Ichiban
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

pretty sure they had 2l tein cam turbos
i will have to check with someone i know and get back to you
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

They definitely did not have a twin cam turbo.
Ichiban
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

well the engines shoudl be cheap then seing as i can but ca18dets for 800
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

Plus gearbox, plus wiring, plus sensors, plus computer, need to think about intercooling and radiators, fuel lines, fuel pumps, fuel filler neck, engine mounts, gearbox mounts, tailshaft, speedo drive, clutch actuation, new exhaust, possibly a brake upgrade depending on what your engineer wants, engineering cost, insurance and bobs your uncle.
redtxcoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

i been told that the early piazza's twin cams came in 3 different formss, the blue motor- low compession,black motor-standard,and red -high compession. as for the single cams these a 2lt version and a 1.8 version.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

red, blue and black..... sure its not a holden 6 lol.

mooch
www.geocities.com/mygemi
Ichiban
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Piazza engine Reply with quote

thankyou
i fit it all m self and give my uncle a carton to check it over and gvive me a cert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: