HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Cracked rear swaybar mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Cracked rear swaybar mount Reply with quote

MMMmm bugger, just noticed that I've cracked the floor around one of the rear swaybar mounts, I know how and why it happened, and I will admit that it wasn't just an weak-point which failed, I kinda stuffed up and accidentally caused it... It is no biggy though, I'll be doing some seam-welding soon so I'll just plate that at the same time.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Cracked rear swaybar mount Reply with quote

On another gertrude news item, I just finished fitting the first of two half inch fuel lines, and I spent this afternoon modifying the factory in-tank fuel pump mount to accept a pair of efi.com.au lift pumps... now I just need to get the surge tank, fit another fuel line and get my bosch motorsport pump and she will be a goer...

oh yeah, and buy the h/c... come on tax return.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cracked rear swaybar mount Reply with quote

1/2", thats pretty serious! You dont think it may be a bit overkill??

whats h/c?

Incidently, I used twin factory pumps mounted on the one pump mount as low pressure pumps to feed my surge tank, basically, when run on 12v and with the internal pressure regulators tickled a bit, they flow shit loads.

Ben
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Cracked rear swaybar mount Reply with quote

By a strange twist of fate, half inch lines worked out cheaper than 3/8ths lines... These lines should be fine for anything less than a thousand horsepower, and I can safely say I will never even come close to having HALF this much power...

H/C - Halfcut - specifically ca18det

Each of these two lift pumps are physically twice the size of the gemini pump and should also support in excess of 500hp worth of fuel.

If I get some free time I will bench test one of these pumps against my stock pump at 12 volts.

On the subject of overkill, I will be ordering my rotors on monday.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cracked rear swaybar mount Reply with quote

What sort of rotors are you getting? I know of only two off the shelf kits, one is gemi spares kit, and one is abother company, cant remember name, but kit was about $1700 for 330mm ventilated rotors.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Cracked rear swaybar mount Reply with quote

oooh, Skyline DBA926 rotors, 296x32mm... $123.20 each, plus around $25 delivery to Brisbane, so its f#cking cheap...

If I get off my arse I'm going to write up a post for the R&D forums... basically I'm short about 3 to 4mm of room... I've got three options, mill the hubs, bend the stub axles or machine the stub axle...

Current thinking calls for a combination of the three.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: