HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Anyone sick of...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Anyone sick of... Reply with quote

I know this may just be me being picky, but every time someone asks how to get more power the answer inevitibly comes back turbo etc etc. How many of you actually own turbo geminis? I own my race one, and have owned others previously and while the performance increase is great, driveability normally is greatly reduced. Carby fed turbos use alot of fuel ( i mean ALOT ) and are very prone to tune and engine problems if not setup by someone who knows what they are doing, and genreally cost $1500 plus (from someone you know - alot more from a shop )to setup assuming the engine is in good enough nick to handle it. Fuel injected turbos are great, awesome tunability and driveability, but generally cost alot more to setup. When people ask how to get more power, without stating what they want (driveability, performance increase etc), where they are, who they know or how much they have to spend they leave themselves open to stupid answers, but everyone constantly piping up and saying "wack a turbo on it" doesnt really help. How about leaving answers to the people whove tried and tested things. We know 32/36 webber, 30/70 regrind cam and extractors will give you an extra 10 - 15hp at the wheels. A decent port job and a 425" lift, 284 degree duration cam on top of the carby and extracors will give an extra 25hp or so than standard etc...... think real answers people, with real budgets and real results..........
fatgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone sick of... Reply with quote

Well spoken mark [theres to many time wasters on this site with no idea with the real world] I might give you a ring tommorrow. So you know who it is [if you dont allready]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: