HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Need help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Need help... Reply with quote

Hey guys...I need some help with something.

My TE is running like crap. A friend of mine tried to tune it to what someone said were the specs I could use...but it aint running better. It's actually running worse.

The timing I was told should be about 6 degrees. My car was on 20 or something, so we changed it...then it was back firing...running like crap and worse than before...

Could anyone help me? Got any ideas on what it could be?

Before changing timing...the car was running ok, not sure if it was at it's best as I've had it 3 months and it was tuned that way when I got it. So, I thought tuning it may make it run a little nicer...

Thanks in advance for the help Wink

Andrew.
jims
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help... Reply with quote

Is it a standard motor with a standard cam ? If not, 6deg will not be right, mine runs at 24deg.
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help... Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, my car is stock right through.....

should I give 24 deg. a shot?
jims
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help... Reply with quote

Definately not. If it was running well before, put it back how it was.
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help... Reply with quote

the car was in need of a tune as timing was off before, just after changing to 6 deg... it was far worse.

It needed tuning, just didn't know the deg. so I got told 6 and tried it...but it was way off...
jims
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help... Reply with quote

6 deg is right for stock motors. Ensure that the air/fuel mixture is correct. That will affect the timing. You need to get someone to tune it that can get the combination of the air/fuel mixture and the timing correct. There are also other things that can affect the timing.
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help... Reply with quote

what else would affect timing?

Also, my mate and I adjusted a few things...the car's going ssssweet! Thanks for your help anyway..

Andrew.
mudman
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help... Reply with quote

maybe your timing chain has slipped this will do what you r describing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: