HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

unleaded fuel..again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grizzel
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: unleaded fuel..again Reply with quote

i know this question has been asked 100's of times, and I have searched the forums and read alot of different opinions, BUT... just one last time...

1) It is possible to run gemini's on unleaded fuel, yes?
2) Does this require premium unleaded fuel or will normal unleaded fuel work okay?
3) does running a gemini on ULP (if possible) have any long term effects, such as engine problems, changes in performance, etc... and if so, what are they?
4) Are there any modifications that need to be made to run on ULP, and if so, what are they?

I'm sorry to have repeated many of these questions but there has been alot of conflicting opinions on this site, and I would just like to clear it up.

Grizzel
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: unleaded fuel..again Reply with quote

it has been my experience that there is no mods needed to run ulp.
jus change the usuals [air/fuel filters] and screw with your timing a little, IE a tune up, and things should be fine.

all pulp does is give a little more oomph, over ulp.
rob.
macca_loto
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: unleaded fuel..again Reply with quote

In the long run it will damage your engine i dont know exactly but you will need to install hardened valve seats about $45 dollars each to install and machine from any good engine rebuilder and ive heard bronze valve guides help too. DOnt quote me on any of that im not entirely sur but i do know that hardened valve seats are reccomended.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: be VERY careful macca Reply with quote

You haven't been paying attention and you clearly don't know what you are talking about, geminis come factory with hardened valve seats.

I have an absolute distaste for misinformation and heresay and if posts of such become commonplace, it will result in bans.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: unleaded fuel..again Reply with quote

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/forum2.cgi?action=rp&mesg_id=48797

Just how much more explicit do u want??!!
Jesus
Smokin Te

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: be VERY careful macca Reply with quote

trouble is if you ban every idiot who doesnt know what hes talking about , there be hardly any one left, hey adam me old boy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: