HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Ben Wight.....me again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Ben Wight.....me again. Reply with quote

Ben, as you are the resident carby god of hotgemini [or so it seems], a friend of yours [cant remember his name, has a stanza with a bluebird motor and twin sideys, is orange], will be getting rid of his su twins. i have asked eggy on this, but it seems you are the one to talk to.
would it be worthwile running the twin su's in front of a turbo, then through an efi manifold and into the engine?
i have seen it done on a daytona rx7, and was wondering if i should bother attempting this setup for my tx?

[and no, i didnt crack the shits, it was dissapointment that made me do it, not anger...you know what i mean.]
cheers mate.
rob.
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ben Wight.....me again. Reply with quote

a mate of mine ran twin 1 3/4" su's on his gem with a highflow t3, fairly easy to set up but you will probably need to move your battery for it to fit, drank loads but fuck did it go.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Ben Wight.....me again. Reply with quote

It is certainly possibly, but I personally wouldn't use both carbs, due to the complexity of it and the space needed. You will get a better result from one larger(2") SU, or better yet, a sidedraught weber.

The efi manifold will work no worries. You will need to move your battery, unless your turbo sits high and nearly over the rocker cover, and almost touching the firewall.

His Name is Jeff Thomas BTW, and I would say the car is bronze. A mate of mine has set up a custom efi manifold and intake rams on the L20 nissan engine in the thermodynamics lab, its on the dyno, You should check it out, although he told me he just blew the dyno up.

Ben Wight
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ben Wight.....me again. Reply with quote

when you had your suck thru, what type of carby did you run, and how much boost before pinging?

as i havent bought a turbo for the tx yet, advice is needed, but i want to keep the gem kinda period,[old], without using things like BOVs and intercoolers...
[BOVs draw too much attention, intercoolers say "defect me"]
so, thanks.
thats right, jeff....i did ask his name once, but i am crap with names, hence the description.

i remember a 2ltr being setup on an old dyno last semester, is that the same one?

anyways, thanks
and when you have the time, email the reply to rob_withy@hotmail.com

cheers,
rob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: