HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

attn. draevon SKID DAY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: attn. draevon ANOTHER ONE Reply with quote

jsut drive the car there very very early sunday morning and leave very very late sunday night
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: attn. draevon ANOTHER ONE Reply with quote

lol. ok i will sit around for 6-7 hours after waiting for dark.. lol
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: attn. draevon SPECTATORS ??? Reply with quote

hmmmmm im considering coming now but,.............
can anyone come along and watch draevon ?????
Draevon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: attn. draevon SPECTATORS ??? Reply with quote

We're not allowed spectators as such ... so two people to a car maximum I'm afraid.

draevon
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: attn. draevon SPECTATORS ??? Reply with quote

Your kidding !

OH Well I certainly won't be paying $60 for something I have never seen and may never be interested in.

No offence. I don't know who's rule that is but it needs to be rethought. I have NEVER been to a skid pan, I have therefore never seen one, therefore I have never seen what happens on one. That is like asking someone to buy something they have never ever seen.

Oh well ! I will be next door at the Hillclimb, where I can go watch for free before I commit to competing at a later date.

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Video footage Reply with quote

If anyone has a video camera ... can you please record the days events and copy it for me to video or cd so I can see what happens at these things please.

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Video footage Reply with quote

yea im with u gemmy
i was considering making the trip to support those who are gonna spin it up but fuck it if i cant watch ill stay at home 60 spent in a lot better places me thinks
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Video footage Reply with quote

Come on guys surely u can get picture of what goes on by just looking at other skidpan vids and pics on net. Those spinning it up are doing it cause they wanna have fun and improve their 'driving' (read hooning) skills in a legal safe platform. If u rather be a tyre kicker or armchair critic then thats fine but u gotta have a go to find out what its like. I never been to one before either and I going in a stock auto gem, u dont need power or skill to have fun but u will find the skill as day progresses by learning from each spin.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Video footage Reply with quote

You guys could always see if someone has a spare seat and come with them Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Video footage Reply with quote

agreed and agreed.
iv also never been to or see a skid pan day.. i dunno what to expect. its all in the name off fun

i will be videoing the day
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Video footage Reply with quote

be sure to include some russel coight antics too!!
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Video footage Reply with quote

hahah
yeah we'll help gene 'tune' his wagon and blow it up!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Video footage Reply with quote

haha yeah. its over fueling big time...!!! lol so theres like a flat spot at low RPM so i have to floor it an dthe rev the titts of it! should be interesting hahaha
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Video footage Reply with quote

Twisted .. I have NEVER in my life seen a skid pan nor have I never been to a driver training centre. It's one thing describing what happens, and even then all I have really heard is sliding around, it's another seeing it live.

1. I don't have $60 or even $30 atm that I can spare to 'spectate'.
2. I don't wish to take the gem to a skid pan as a participant as it needs some attention before I can participate (and this can only be guaged by the responses on here, basically sliding over a concrete slab and possibly around witches hats)
3. If I find a car that has only ONE person going (one of the few who were willing to fork out $60 for themselves to go instead of splitting the cost with a passenger) I think I will be lucky, as I am sure there are others who would try to do the same thing now considering there are no spectators allowed.
4. I cant stay online long enough to download a clip to watch on this old ancient computer with a bad modem adn dial up.

So, I spose that unless I pass over $60 I aint gonna be seeing what a skid pan day is all about, unless you or anyone else would like to pay $60 for me to attend but not participate.

I don't want to be an 'armchair critic', nor do I care to become a 'tyre kicker', I just DONT want to fork out $60 to go and watch something. Doesnt even cost me that much for my food each week. So it is not about being an armchair critic nor is it about being a tyre kicker. It is about wanting to find out what it is all about with your own eyes rather than hear it from other people. The image I have at the minute is a bunch of 'hoons' gathering and getting a couple of runs on a concrete slab. You think that is worth $60 ?

Cheers

Gemmy Surprised)
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Video footage Reply with quote

well yes, most skid days are $100+
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: