HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

all onbaord the midnight express

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dynabytes
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: all onbaord the midnight express Reply with quote

hi all. finally got my hands on a gemini with absolutely no rust! my plans are to make it the best looking gem in the neighbourhood Smile and I need some advice on same. First of all I have already choosen a colour for the car, its a mitsubishi midnight blue, the engine bay has been painted already and a pretty stock but well running enging has been put in it. Basically I want to know which order I should do things in? I am basically getting the whole car totally decked out with new interior, trim, dash possible as the current one has a small but noticable crack in it Sad, so yeah i guess which order should I follow.. for those of you interested in seeing some pics email me and i'll send them to you. Oh yeah any "not over the top" engine modifications you can suggest would be gratefully helpful to. I just want it looking good and sounding nice, not to be the quickest on the block, just the most prestige Smile
thanks again.
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: all onbaord the midnight express Reply with quote

TGfanatic@hotmail.com what model gem is it?
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: all onbaord the midnight express Reply with quote

just a 1.8 bored to a 2L

nice and quick
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: all onbaord the midnight express Reply with quote

most prestige? like electric windows/ central locking and stuff?
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: all onbaord the midnight express Reply with quote

cruise control, HUD, electric heated seats, ABS
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: all onbaord the midnight express Reply with quote

lol! yeah all that Smile

just really want to get an idea which order to do it all in. Like whether paint of trim first, that sorta thing.. oh yeah don't forget traction control ! Smile
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: all onbaord the midnight express Reply with quote

how i would do it:

1. have the car painted
2. while its being painted, have a G180/G200 worked off its nut.
3. drop engine in when painted.
4. wheels.
5. security system.
6. while doing all of the above design a nice custom interior, with all the little gadgets and gismos.
7. schtereo.
8. drive down the road like you own it.
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: all onbaord the midnight express Reply with quote

but we all know mummy and daddy bought it for you.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: all onbaord the midnight express Reply with quote

paint it and get all the body shit sorted first and out of the way

then put a motor in it

then do the easy inexpensive shit like wheels interior mods etc
dynabytes
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: all onbaord the midnight express Reply with quote

All good suggestions Smile thanks a lot guys...

would you recommend painting it yourself.. i have a little knowledge in the area.. just that i rang up a few smah repairers and they basically don't want anything to do with restorations and the like.. will somebody help me out..
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: all onbaord the midnight express Reply with quote

rub it back, take it to em saying u had a little accident with a sander...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: