HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

crap performance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
81_TE_gem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: crap performance Reply with quote

I just put in leads, spark plugs, distributor cap and distributor points and now my engine is running really gay. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to get her going good again?
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: crap performance Reply with quote

Not much can go wrong in the installation of da parts u fitted, only suggestions are to ensure leads are in da correct firing order, and to make sure da dwell angle/points gap is set right. If you unbolted ya dizzy, then recheck your timing. Did u use NGK BP6ES plugs ?
81_TE_gem

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: crap performance Reply with quote

yeah i used all the right stuff but its like it isn't getting enough fuel or something
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: crap performance Reply with quote

are the leads from the dizzy going to the corresponding spark plugs?
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: crap performance Reply with quote

breaker points
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: crap performance Reply with quote

yeah, or the timing. But if it is idling halfway OK but misses and carries on worse with more throttle try giving the terminal on the low tension lead running to the dizzy a clean up.
bmac
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: crap performance Reply with quote

if it is running a bit rough or misfiring, check the spark plug gap. My gemini had sparkplug 4s gap almost nothing and it made it run like it wasn't getting enough mixture. Check your gap sizes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: