HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

knocking in new motor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: just thought of something Reply with quote

thanx ppl,
its a sort of loudish kinda knock and when i listened to it again this arvo it sounded like it was higher up, like from the head area, and you can see the motor shake slightly from the knock and the tappets are noisier than a big diesel truck! i havnt taken the tappet cover off yet and im going to get a second opinion from another mechanic first.
looks like ill have to wait abit longer b4 i can drive my beast again Sad sux bigtime, its been over three months already...
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: knocking in new motor Reply with quote

yeah apparently the motor turns over smoothly by hand, and theres alot still on the head, as its only 9.5:1 comp,
and every time i rev it abit (like try to get it to 2000revs) it misses and backfires out the carby LOL it spat my mate in the face, funny shit! anyway i havnt done the timing yet but by turning the dizzy it doesnt seem to
help it.

I havnt had any time to look at it properly yet
dean8
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: knocking in new motor Reply with quote

Make sure plug leads are on the right plugs. I had a simliar thing happen and two of the leads were not on the right plugs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: