HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Buying 1982 Gemini today for first car
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoyoyo
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying 1982 Gemini today for first car Reply with quote

lol nah she doesn't have any kids. She's a friend of the neighbour next door. Still has the original tyres on it lol!! Going to pick it up tonight because she wanted it for just one more night. That's how much she cares for it rofl.
yoyoyo
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Be Differant Reply with quote

I probably will. But there's no way in hell i'm gonna listen to local AM radio with shit speakers. And not sure about the panit shop. She gave it a wash smoehow before i went around last night and it looks nice now even though it's brown. Looks like a brand new paint job it's that well kept after.
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Be Differant Reply with quote

"posted by dunger on Tue Mar 4 19:36:58 2003, ip logged
what does that rex do in 400 metre (time) i am buildin my gem to beat rex's "

Good luck , even if you get close in a straight line when you hit a twisty bit you wont even see where the rex went
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying 1982 Gemini today for first car Reply with quote

man with that many K's and no rust its a bargain

just do all the 'not driven much stuff' like change the oil and coolant check the cooling system for corrosion, maybe new plugs leads and coil would be a good idea too for peace of mind..
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Be Differant Reply with quote

and cause cars loose value man

and think about the stress that is put on the components of a car that has done over 200,000kms...,

and the elements that it is put in, rain, heat etc

shrinking rubbers, bending metal, RUST, friction wearing the suspension down etc

cars don't really gain value, i rekon about .05% of cars do gain value over a long period of time (ie. classic and vintage etc)

so just enjoy the car and do in it what it was intended for... DRIVE IT

and if you enjoy doing it up then do that too, pull chicks as well Smile
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Be Differant Reply with quote

If your trying to pick up chix driving your car you shouldnt have bought a gemini. lets face it, they arent the most attention grabbing thing out there now.

on the subject of being different, what about stocker on the outside and screamer on the inside? the sleeper would suprised a few ppl at the lights...

cheers
workedTE
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Be Differant Reply with quote

i got something different... you know the ChipTorque stickers... how about a sticker that says ChalkTip???
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Be Differant Reply with quote

If you are planning on using a car to pick up chicks AT ALL then you are probably on the wrong track.

Seriously are girls supposed to just drop their pants for you cos your in a car?

Get a car that you are happy with, not something to impress other people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: