HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

INFO ON DEFECTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: INFO ON DEFECTS Reply with quote

Please post information on defects...not what u got defected for.

my g/f got defected last night on having a sports wheel (worth 300 i think) so its a good wheel.

Now when the defect has been removed is there anyway of putting it back on without getting in shit besides possibly being defected for it again... Would the pigs know that its been done for the wrong steering wheel before hand?
How many warnings do you get?

How in the hell does it work>?

fat chicks definately out of my room, out
Hons
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: INFO ON DEFECTS Reply with quote

i had bald tyres, and a faulty reverse bulb
austin
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: INFO ON DEFECTS Reply with quote

well it depends on wat state you live in , but as a general rule .i'll try to explain a defect ! a normal defect is like the bald tire example "if you have one bald tire its a fine " if you are driving on more than one bald tire its considered a defect..
replaceing non standard components on a car with out achknowledgement of a engineer & traffic authority that the modification is or surpasses the original part....
eg steering wheel , standard is designed to crush in the advent of a serious acident under adr da da da .... sports steering wheel replacement must meet the adr that is at the time of the particular cars build date...
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: INFO ON DEFECTS Reply with quote

And a faulty brain, derrr lol
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: INFO ON DEFECTS Reply with quote

here u car must look standard. if u have a weber it must look like it is meant to be there so u must mod the orginal air cleaner and so on.

so to avoid defects hide ur mods. Engine mods are easy but tyres and others are hard. i think u can have a +2 on wheels
but go to
http://board.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67141949
and here
http://board.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67138022
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: