HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

what body shell to use for resale value???????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
austin
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: what body shell to use for resale value??????? Reply with quote

ok this week with my budget of $6500 , i have located a 2.6 engine wireing & computer $1400..
complete suspension overhual includeing bushes,tie rods , ball jionts , swaybars , springs, adjustable panhard bar, shocks..$1276.36
Pacemaker 4into 1's $80swapmeet 2inch exhuast with no muffler in the middle flanged out to 3in at tail pipe !!$100
ZZ-R Kawasaki 3inch inlet 2 inch outlet alloy barrel muffler "nice machined billet look" $25 at bike wreckers
so total spent so far is $2881.36 leaving a still healthy $3618.64..... now outa this i gotta get a car to put this gear into , plus brakes , engineers cert, paint , wheels & hmmmm wat interior ..
so do i go for a van ....not much interior needed to get it on the road!!!!!
or a coupe , pricey for a good shell , but wats the resale like ?????
or just a TG slx sedan & use the crummy poverty pack interior they came out with??????
so shell it be van sedan or coupe ? give me your thoughts please??????
Corty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: what body shell to use for resale value??????? Reply with quote

i've got a fairly good TE shell in Sydney

Jsut needs a tidy up and a paint + rego

only a couple of small spots of Rust. Probably need a Boot Floor but
NO REGO

you can have it for $500
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: what body shell to use for resale value??????? Reply with quote

$500 for a shell?

anyways, go for the van/wagon or coupe if you can find one. rar but still share common parts with the common sedans. And you will find one eventually. Its weird sometimes they are rare as and people get heaps of $ for them and other times it seems like everyone is trying to get rid of them. just keep your eyes open something will come up. keep checking the trading post etc
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: what body shell to use for resale value??????? Reply with quote

i got a compleat coupe for $100, pritty much no rust at all, perfict!.
cant wait till shes finished Very Happy. u just have tolook. i saw mine under some guys houes, went in knocked ont he door and asked to buy it
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: what body shell to use for resale value??????? Reply with quote

wat type of TE shell ???? sedan / wagon or van ?????? i rang around the wreckers in syd on monday & came up with a mint TG wagon garranteed no rust complete for $1000..
A TC coupe needs new floor & battery tray for $150
countless sedans from $50 to $500 ive really got the pick of the crop... i only want to know wat to put my gear into for resale options ....ps ive owned 4 TG vans , TD van ,TE wagon , 2 TG sedans & a TX sedan in the past building to of the TG vans from shells
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: what body shell to use for resale value??????? Reply with quote

You should really put it in what you think looks best. If your building a car like that for resale value the amount of money you are going to loose would really not be worth it.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: what body shell to use for resale value??????? Reply with quote

TD van is my choice. Don't expect to make money off a project car but I reckon a mint TD van would sell for more than a mint TD sedan thats for sure.

Not many of them around these days.
austin
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: what body shell to use for resale value??????? Reply with quote

oh nah you never make money on a car unless its given to you..... just want to make sure if i put all this gear into wateva body style , i can sell it when the time comes to build another one .....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: