HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Peteymate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Peteymate Reply with quote

You got any pics of your RB? Such as engine pics etc?

TuFf
hellholefred
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

Nah but if u want some bad enough i can get a digital camera off a friend and send em to your email!
Ive pulled it all apart as im writing this and all i have to do is push the pistons out the bottom of the engine!
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

what u doing to it?

TuFf
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

nah no rush for the pics.

TuFf
hellholefred
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

well i just found out u cant push the pistons trhough the bottom cause they dont fit u have to push em out the top!
Well im gonna get it bored to the max which i think is 40 thou? and balance and machine the crank, balance the flywheel, Machine the head down a bit and put bigger valves in it and thinking about coating them in porcelin, crow cam (Hot street cam for modified engines)Part Number 782509, a few other things but i also heard in a forum some one try to put twin timming chains on it? is that possible cause doesnt look like there is no room in there 4 two chains?
Also i found heaps of rust and crap in the water jackets when i pulled out the welsh plugs and at the moment im talking to a mechanic from work about getting it flushed in acid!
So yeah thats about it on the inside and other things on the outside like eg. fuel injection!
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

does urs have fuel injection? or is it getting it?

TuFf
hellholefred
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

hopefully getting it if the FUCKED up bank gives me the loan!
LOL
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

how much is all that costing you? and could'nt u get the DOHC 4XC1 turbo imported for the same price? i dunno if you can. just a sugestion.

TuFf
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

i do ahve some ill post em up after Xmas. Since when has hellholefred called himself peteymate and answering Q's for me?
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

i thought it was u! eh can u send me 1 of the engine bay to my email? i just wanna see the filter etc and also some of the air filter pipes r different.

TuFf
hellholefred
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

i dont wanna go through all that engineer cetificate stuff!
then i will have to upgrade brakes and that sort of jazz! and i wont have any money to do that till i save up some more!
so im gonna stick to me G161 block and do it up!
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

hellholefred u do realise a 4XC1 is a front wheel drive? and its only a 1.5 so obviously u dont have a RB either.

TuFf
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Peteymate Reply with quote

Its ok man i aint in a rush don't worry about it.

TuFf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: