HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

2L head and cam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: 2L head and cam Reply with quote

my mate has a 2L head and cam (brand new) sitting around from his dads old rodeo that he sold. how easily are these fitted to the 1.6L that is in my TE gemini? ive been told i'd have to get the head shaved as the 2L head is lower compression than the 1.6. is this true? will the cam fit in without any modification? what would i neeed to do to get both of these parts in the car, and any idea on how much the power would improve?

ps. am i getting ripped off paying $150 for the 2L head and cam?
baycie bayce
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2L head and cam Reply with quote

that would probably go shit as!
hellholefred
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: 2L head and cam Reply with quote

if the head and cam are in good nick $150 is okay i reckon!
As 4 the shaved head, u wanna boost compression or lower it? are you going to turbo it in the future??
A new Crow Cam im getting from there site is $256 so $150 is okay!
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: 2L head and cam Reply with quote

gonna have to disagree with you there. if he shaves the head a bit it should go better then a stock 1600. the 2l head will breath way better. hell if i could find a 2.6 l head i would put it on my 2l.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 2L head and cam Reply with quote

2 Litre heads are getting a bit on the rare side, the dude at the head shop i last went to with mine looked at it with that far-away stare in his eye's. He told me that he hadn't seen one in about 12 months and to try not to part with it as the head alone can be sold for approx. $300.
As Spud said, give it a shave to bump the compression up and it should be better than your current set-up. I still haven't gotten the valve sizes for the G200z yet, if you've got vernier calipers handy try to grab the specs for me - i'd like to be able to compare to the TX big valves.
Jasyn...
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 2L head and cam Reply with quote

the 2.6L heads are timing belt, and wont fit on any g-series engine. if you owned a 4ZC1 (piazza) then the 2.6 head would bolt on.

putting the 2L head on the 1.6 would be awesome if you were going to turbo it, beacause it will lower the compression, therefore you wont have to decompress it. but yeah, if your going to leave it n/a get the head shaved
Cammo79TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 2L head and cam Reply with quote

thanx everyone for the info.... i think i'll pick up the 2 cos it sounds like a good deal, the head is a recon item, dunno what the cam is tho, your guess is as good as mine
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2L head and cam Reply with quote

G200z heads look exactly the same as a g161z head (valve sizes are the same Gold TX Sleeper) except they have single valve springs, and they arent rare, I saw about 15 out of about 50 G-series heads being reconditioned at a engine recondition shop in 1 day.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: 2L head and cam Reply with quote

ummm yeah they ARE rare, my cousin was doing up a 2L and he couldnt find a head anywhere so he had to put stainless over size valves in the 1.6 head, the get it ported and polished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: