HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

car splutters and splurts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDWAGON
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: car splutters and splurts Reply with quote

yeah my car when its cold is fine until i put it into third then it splutters and splurts and shit. i have to hold in the clutch and give it a rev. any answers
p.s thanks for the help on me last problem
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: car splutters and splurts Reply with quote

i had kinda the same problem, till eggy helped me out.

it was the low-tension lead from the dizzy. if that line is the slightest bit loose, itll play up and generally give you the shits.

while you are at it, why not check your entire ignition system....coil, leads, dizzy, points and plugs....youll find the problem.

hope this helps some.

rob.
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: car splutters and splurts Reply with quote

give it a full carby clean....mine was doing it in third up to fifth at about 2500 revs and was sort of pig rooting along. carby clean + cleaned spark plugs = problem fixed.(for me anyway)
good luck

baz
TDWAGON
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: car splutters and splurts Reply with quote

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: