HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

suck through turbo sys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:21 am    Post subject: suck through turbo sys Reply with quote

if anyone could give me a rundown on the basics of a suck through turbo setup i'd be really apriciative.
i'd like to know what carbie i should use and what modifications need to be done to it, what needs to be done to the turbo, and any other recommendations.

i was planning on using a 2inch SU side draft carbie, would that work?
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: suck through turbo sys Reply with quote

The turbo has to be one with carbon seals, but I don't know exactly what mods the carby needs.
lodeo
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: suck through turbo sys Reply with quote

just sold my suck thru system. It helps if you get the fins in the turbo hpc coated. My turbo fins disintegrated over a period of time cos fuel was running though them. I used a standard 1 3/4 stromberg carb (side draft) got a bigger needle put in it and it is fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: