HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Why Gemini's piss me off-The WHOLE story!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LowClassGeminiWhore
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Mabye you all need to get a clue?! Reply with quote

Yes but YOU said 250 Kw. I used what you said as a comparison. Why didint you use the real figure if thats optimistic?

A VT Commodore V8 weighs approx 1650 kgs. Sixes weigh less of course.

To kill another car, you need substantially more horsepower. Full stop. Your gearing and the turbo may allow you to edge out in front, but that does not constitute a kill in my books.

Its is a bit ridiuculous to claim you can "kill" another car, when at top speed there is very little difference between them.
fluid
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Mabye you all need to get a clue?! Reply with quote

I seconds difference down the quarter mile is the difference of about 2 car lengths, possibly a little more. Is this a 'kill' in your books?!

Lets put the 'horsepower' into perspective here for a miniute....A VL Commodore turbo puts out 150kw's at the flywheel (200BHP) and weighs 'approx' 1250kg's depending on spec. This is good for a top speed well over 200 kp/h and a 0-100 time of 'around' the 7,8 second mark. Hell, some quoted a 1/4 mile time of 'around' 14.7 seconds from a VL turbo in standard trim!

Now my Gemini turbo puts out the same power as the VL, 150kw's, at the flywheel, but weighs in at 900 kg's. What's the problem here?! My very large (T03 high flow) turbo and the gearing (straight cut box out of a Gemini race car) allows me to do far more than 'edge in front' of an excutive express with 'inflated from the factory' peformance specs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: