HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

how the fuck to remove a stock steering wheel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoking TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: how the fuck to remove a stock steering wheel Reply with quote

i might sound like a dumbass but how do you do it? tried the big nut in the middle, took all the plastic covering off the column and undid a few obvious nuts but can't get it off. where is the secret nut to free it or do you just use force?
sounds simple till you try it.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: how the fuck to remove a stock steering wheel Reply with quote

there a pain in the ass.... undo the nut in the center. then put it back on a few turns with your fingures so that when it does give way u dont hit yourself in the head with the wheel. (it hurts)...then pull really hard really fast...i find pulling from side to side( still outward of course) helps a little to...
YLD GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: how the fuck to remove a stock steering wheel Reply with quote

yeah you only need to undo the nut in the middle of the s wheel. And yes i smaked myself to when i pulled it off. ha ha
GEM2NV
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: how the fuck to remove a stock steering wheel Reply with quote

also if you bang on the top, bottom, left and right of the wheel it can help loosen it.
TypicalGeminiDickHed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: how the fuck to remove a stock steering wheel Reply with quote

Grab ya weel, and pull hard mate.
I tort that wad all you tasso's do all the time anyway?
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: how to knock yourself out Reply with quote

hahahaha
yes just stair straight at the middle nut with your face 20cm from the wheel then pull as hard as you can..........
nah but seriuosly put your knee up so you dont hit your face. I have witnessed 1 broken nose....hahaha
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: how the fuck to remove a stock steering wheel Reply with quote

not as often as you obviusly
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: how the fuck to remove a stock steering wheel Reply with quote

HA HA HA try to rip it off
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: