HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

LPG Gem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BArtyC
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:01 am    Post subject: LPG Gem Reply with quote

I know there is someone on this site that has a dedicated LPG gem. Can someone tell me who it is please. Also which car is it in the gallery. I have a TF station wagon that I'm thinking about gassing up if its not gonna cost me more than the car did.
Thanks
fluid
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: LPG Gem Reply with quote

My Gemini turbo is running straight LPG and it works fantastic. See pics of it in the modified section of the galleries about 3 pages in, it's the gold TD Gemini on it's guts named 'Matt and Cristy's gemini'. There is also a white Gemini turbo further on in the modified section running straight Gas Research....Enjoy.
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: LPG Gem Reply with quote

i to was thinking of this, however i may not be able to afford it straight away. I was quoted $800 by gas research 4 the carby and linkages ect then $1200 to fit and dyno tune (and fit tank/fuel lines etc). So all up $2000 4 a GRA 350 mixer on a rodeo manifold. However to make any decent power i was getting the engine made to suit (ie 10.5:1 comp, gas cam, head work etc) This was also costing about $2000.(maybe less). So what im doing now is doing the engine on DGV weber, then if i have any money left switching to gas and maybe changing the cam to suit again.

hey fluid, what mixer/carby are you running. You say an impco. Are these as good as GRA? Are they cheaper???? My engine is only NA any reccomendations on what gas system to use? ie GRA or impco? id prefer for my gas conversion to cost less then the quoted $2000.
fluid
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: LPG Gem Reply with quote

The Impco mixer i'm using flows roughly 350cfm which works fantastic with my engine combination. I personally find Impco carbs to be right up there with the Gas Research units as while the Gas Research unit has a power valve that is proportional to throttle position the Impco carb runs a design that isn't far off an SU carburettor, so both units control mixtures very well. Impco carbs are also avaliable in a variety of shapes, sizes and flow rates just like the Gas research units and in most cases I believe they are a great deal cheaper than the Gas Research carbs.

But in the end the decision is up to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: