HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

master warning light stays on-car doesn't idle!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: master warning light stays on-car doesn't idle!!!! Reply with quote

my master warning light stays on after i start the car, the alternator works now, but my car can't idle i have to rev it to keep it going, the heater fan no longer works.
what problems can the master warning light detect, is it just linked to the battery, park brake, oil etc.??? if it is an electrical problem and the master warning light knows about it someone else must know whats wrong with it!
thanks
Adrian
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: master warning light stays on-car doesn't idle Reply with quote

I told you before, it is linked to the panel of idiot lights on the left of the cluster. When one of them comes on, so does the master. If the master comes on, and none of them are lit, you got a problem.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: master warning light stays on-car doesn't idle Reply with quote

maybe one on the left is showing, but the bulb is blown, oh, and i had bout 2-3 weeks of the same iddling problem, started, but u took ure foot off the gas, and it dies. The car was being re-biuld so i didn't really care. anyway, i tried the idle cut selenoid, a whole shitload of relays, a can of carby cleaner + bout 8000 revs - did shit all, got new carby, and is all good.

chris.
Madchikk
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: master warning light stays on-car doesn't idle Reply with quote

he knows that, that is why he is asking if anyone eles knows
madgemchikk
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: master warning light stays on-car doesn't idle Reply with quote

exactly... only the master warning light is on ...nothing else... i might check out my carby maybe that is the problem- TG 1985 did you have the master warning light on when u were running it??? coz sounds like a similar prob, did it run rough? when i got a new regulator it ran fine thoguh,... for about 20mins... i'm gettin a reco'd alternator on tuesday, and if that doesn't work then i'll definitely check out my carby...
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: alan Reply with quote

yes only my master is lit, so what problem can it be??? obviously the car knows there is a problem i just can't figure it out
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: master warning light stays on-car doesn't idle Reply with quote

When i said you have a problem, Imeant that you need to find the idiot light that isnt coming on in the left panel. Prob a blown bulb. Is that clear enough for you?
When you do that , you can move onto the next step of diagnosis.
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: master warning light stays on-car doesn't idle Reply with quote

which would be??? whatever light lites up ???
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: master warning light stays on-car doesn't idle Reply with quote

well i doupt the handbrake or low oil is gonna cause in not to idol..
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: master warning light stays on-car doesn't idle Reply with quote

Yeah, and the charging light? Finish it off, sir Gene ious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: